quarta-feira, 23 de março de 2011

Alliterations in Beowulf

I've found some alliteration in Beowulf’s poetry. I don’t know if I’m correct, but I tried to found it by the sound that the sentence has. Here it goes the alliterations that I've found:

“of human shape the superhuman size”

“Spoil of heroes in high-built hall…”
“And rushed in rage o’er the shining floor”
“A host of kinsmen. His heart rejoiced”
“To feast his fill of the flesh of men.”
“The demon delayed not, but quickly clutched.”
“A sleeping thane in his swift assault,”
“Gulped the blood, and gobbled the flesh,”
“But Beowulf grappled and gripped him hard,”
"The fellowship of devils. Far different his fate.”
“To win his freedom and flee to the fens.”
“The raid that the ravager made on the hall…”
“Savage the strife as the warriors struggled.”
“Within and without with iron”

(Posted By Lis Machado)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário